6/25/2009

Trailer for Ponyo

Posted by tb4



I absolutely loved Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away, and now Disney is going to release another of Miyazaki's great animated works, Ponyo. I can't wait till this comes out on DVD, because there is no way my wife would let me drag her to this. Watching the trailer I'm not really sure how it is inspired by "The Little Mermaid" but I'm sure it will be great and a visual feast.
From the Academy Award®-winning director and world-renowned Japanese animation legend Hayao Miyazaki comes PONYO, a story inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Little Mermaid."

Already a box-office success in Japan, the story of a young and overeager goldfish named Ponyo (voiced by Noah Cyrus) and her quest to become human features an outstanding roster of voice talent, including CATE BLANCHETT, MATT DAMON, TINA FEY, FRANKIE JONAS, CLORIS LEACHMAN,LIAM NEESON, LILY TOMLIN and BETTY WHITE.

0 comments: