9/26/2008

Stephen Allport

Posted by tb4


The EPOS-lite is a concept for the worlds lightest cash register. Designed by UK designer Stephen Allport its design is inspired by the Apple MacBook Air and iPhone. The EPOS-lite is perfect for hotels, it can sit on the table in the hotel room and be constantly updated with the latest menu from a central location. No more having to reprint a menu if something changes, or if you run out of something you just pull it off the menu. Great design and a great look, check out all of Stephen's work at his portfolio, linked below.

allport
behance portfolio

1 comments:

Ste Allport said...

Hi,

A while ago you featured my product, EPOS-LITE, on your Blog.

I just thought I'd let you know that I received an email a few weeks ago from the manager of a competition called LaunchBox (Hewlett Packard and Intel), suggesting I submit my EPOS-LITE for this years event. It's a annual competition rewarding finalists with a chance to get their ideas closer to the market. EPOS-LITE is a concept designed in 2008 and although it has attracted worldwide attention it has been tough to move to the next stage and manufacture a working prototype. Since LaunchBox showed an interest it has given me a chance to gain the attention of two major companies, so after 2 weeks of hard work the project has been taken to the next level, with a fresh and vibrant new User Interface, the features have been updated and the graphics has been brought up to date.

The competition started midnight 07/06/14, I would be very very grateful if you would have a look at EPOS-LITE on the following link:

http://launchbox.cutandpaste.com/projects/5392048e69702d5695df0300

With your vote/share I hope to progress in the competition, manufacturing a working prototype from the prize money and to make it happen.

Also, if you wish to update the images on your website I will send some through, it would be a great help to me.


Thank you for your time,

Stephen